viernes, 22 de abril de 2011

Nobody's Posted for AGES!


Haha... let me tell you guys a funny story.

So, a few days ago before school there is a grouping of people deciding what to do as a blog topic. of course, I had better things to do so I just, you know, improvised an excuse and left, told them to tell me later. Well, in the end, no one gave me shit and guess what?  NOBODY'S POSTED A BLOG IN ABOUT 2 WEEKS!

The last most was acutally... MY POST.

So I'm going to write an entry about WHATEVER THE HELL I WANT today.

Today I'm going to talk about THE ORIGINS OF EASTER just because it happens to be Easter weekend. 


For starters, I'm Atheist, and I can get easily stressed by the Catholic/Judeo-Christian religion due to the ENORMOUS amounts of discrimination they have inflicted throughout the centuries and history and whatsoever. It seriously ticks me off. Of course, this is my opinion, which doesn't mean it's true. I'm just a very, VERY open person who hates discrimination to the point where I discriminate discriminators, and openly admit it to top it all off. 


So the origins of Easter (just as Christmas, and Halloween, and almost every other holiday celebrated by the Catholic church) IS PAGAN. 


Well, actually, Easter is polythiest because it was celebrated by many polythiest cultures world wide, since it was the celebration of the spring equinox, which is a cientific explantion of the Earth tilting it's axis towards or away from the sun, and this happens twice a year, and one of these times a year is the 3rd week of April. 


The ancient Pagans celebrated this to give cult to their mother goddess, who's name goes along the lines of Eostre and Eastre (which evidently transformed itself into Easter, if you look at the spelling). It was celebrated by German and Saxon tribes, and the holiday represents rebirth, therefore using the image of an egg. The eggs were painted to represent the colours of spring, where flowers bloomed.  The rabbit/bunny/hare or whatever you'd like to call it was a symbol for fertility, since it was a mammal which gave multiple births. 


Other celebrations of the Spring equinox with similar standards are Aphrodite from ancient Cyprus, Ashtoreth from ancient Israel, Astarte from ancient Greece, Demeter from Mycanae, Hathor from ancient Eygpt, Ishtar from Assyria, Kali from India and Ostara a Norse Godess of fertility. 


So, thank you for reading up on a bit of history, it's good to talk to you all.


Happy Easter everyone, eat lots of chocolate!


<3  THE SINGER
















No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario